Jump to content
diegorbb93

Hi! Im preserving PSX Norway videogames, can you help me?

Recommended Posts

diegorbb93    2
On 10/10/2019 at 10:28 AM, Sinfour said:

Sorry I could not help this time. The guys I know that have a full PS1 collection did not have the time to check as theire collection was not at home. But I will still keep an eye open for this. 

2 months later. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinfour    461
15 hours ago, diegorbb93 said:

2 months later. :(

I know.. But i'm personally still looking for it although the game is quite rare. But I have unfortenately given up trying to get the number by the guys I know have the game.. They don't have it at home, thats the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diegorbb93    2
On 13/12/2019 at 2:06 PM, Sinfour said:

I know.. But i'm personally still looking for it although the game is quite rare. But I have unfortenately given up trying to get the number by the guys I know have the game.. They don't have it at home, thats the problem. 

Anyway, 2020 incoming. I have nothing to lose so Ill keep checking from time to time, but im really upset that those guys never intented to check this for just one minute. I cant blame you but is really sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerqent    279

Game seems pretty obscure in Norway. Finn hasn't listed a single copy for the last 6 months I believe (although I saw a want-to-buy-add at some point).

Also Finn totally-wrecked their notify-on-search-feature so now I have no idea if any ads turn up (I have 20 different searches, but the sorting is all weird).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diegorbb93    2
On 9/6/2020 at 11:44 AM, Zerqent said:

Game seems pretty obscure in Norway. Finn hasn't listed a single copy for the last 6 months I believe (although I saw a want-to-buy-add at some point).

Also Finn totally-wrecked their notify-on-search-feature so now I have no idea if any ads turn up (I have 20 different searches, but the sorting is all weird).

At least you put more effort with your answer that the dozens of users that have seen this post and haven't answered :(

Thanks for your consideration. Still, do you think the regional release exists or both countries just received the english PAL version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerqent    279
On 8/21/2019 at 11:32 PM, Zerqent said:

Some feedback from Facebook group. One guy has had it since release, was bought in a Norwegian store, but it was the swedish version... Might be a hint that the NO version does not exist, however it is not to uncommon for SWE/UKV-region games to be sold in Norwegian stores

This is the best clue to whether or not it exists imo.... If there was a Norwegian version, this should probably be that one.. But ofc, there might have been one release with Norwegian that sold out, then they didn't print another round and just sold the SWE/English.

In general Norwegians understand english so we do not get localisations that much.. Same is true for swedes, but there are twice as many swedes, so that will sooner trigger a swedish release. However we know that the audio/text-assets exists, since there is a PC version with Norwegian in it.... And I will categorise this as a kids game (6-99 on the box), which increase the chance of a localised release.

Another thing;  I read release date on Wikipedia as 2001 (US, EU might have been sooner or later), this is after the PS2 release, which in turn probably means less chance of a localisation, and less copies sold.

Hard to conclude on this, I will always keep looking, since this title is etched in my mind now :)

EDIT: Tried spamming  a few Facebook-groups now, (posts disappear so fast that even though I posted about a year ago they might not have been noticed)

Edited by Zerqent
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerqent    279

And I just found a guy on facebook, checking if he can dump / lend it away / sell it

Same group I asked in August, but ofc he did not respond then.

EDIT: HE said he will try dumping it, so now we just have to wait then.

83331362_3708854405826248_4503565331602972711_o.jpg

103949279_3708855615826127_7717132123507197512_o.jpg

Edited by Zerqent
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diegorbb93    2
On 13/6/2020 at 12:41 AM, Zerqent said:

And I just found a guy on facebook, checking if he can dump / lend it away / sell it

Same group I asked in August, but ofc he did not respond then.

EDIT: HE said he will try dumping it, so now we just have to wait then.

83331362_3708854405826248_4503565331602972711_o.jpg

103949279_3708855615826127_7717132123507197512_o.jpg

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinfour    461

Finally :D 
The guys I asked several months ago did not have the games at theire homes, that made this more diffecult. Its good to see someone found it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerqent    279
On 7/5/2020 at 6:50 PM, diegorbb93 said:

Any updates¿

Summer vacation in Norway.. Done now, just bothered the guy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diegorbb93    2
On 6/8/2020 at 1:18 PM, Zerqent said:

Summer vacation in Norway.. Done now, just bothered the guy again.

Im still having hope this can be done. There's any chance I can send this guy a message?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerqent    279
On 8/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, diegorbb93 said:

Im still having hope this can be done. There's any chance I can send this guy a message?

He didn't answer my post at least, will send you a pm with his facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diegorbb93    2
On 17/8/2020 at 9:57 PM, Zerqent said:

He didn't answer my post at least, will send you a pm with his facebook

 

 

I think we are basically doomed with that guy, at least he confirmed the existence of this game... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerqent    279

Yep :/

I offered to buy /borrow/rent the game I believe and that caused to reaction either... Perhaps in a year a new copy will shop up on Finn.. Now it's just the add that I missed teasing me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×